9.23.2015

Another trip around the sun...




On this my birthday I reflect upon the inspirations and thoughts that run on repeat in my mind as of late.  For a girl who is typically obsessed with her birthday, I feel a certain amount of lack luster that goes along with adding another trip around the sun, but I take heart in the fact that I do not act my age (whatever that entails).  I am talented in the art of finding fantasy and dreaming dreams in this beautiful life that I am fortunate to have been gifted. 

By no chance at all, I recently took the advice to pick up the book Love Does.  As a girl with a sort of lack of attention span, I do not often finish a book start to finish.  I fully believe that this book's composition was meant for me.  It's full of short stories that comprise a beautiful direction and way of living. I am inspired.  I want to share.  In Love Does by Bob Goff recently I read, "Being engaged is a way of doing life, a way of living and loving.  It's about going to extremes and expressing the bright hope that life offers us, a hope that makes us brave and expels darkness with light.  That's what I want my life to be all about- full of abandon, whimsy, and in love.  I want to be engaged to life and with life." 

Whimsy. Love. Mermaid spottings in rivers and oceans.  Wishing upon stars.  Sweet wishes in the forms of whispered prayers.  Continual HOPE for the future.  Hope that I will hang onto with a full grasp.  It is obvious that I only have so much control over my life and the rest is not up to me.  Enjoying the roller coaster.  Smiling at strangers.  Teaching kindness through my personal actions.  Influencing others in a positive way.  Laughing, giggling, laughing some more. Generally being a nice human and encouraging others to do the same. 

I have a few deep desires in my heart that I have decided to fight for and pursue this year.  Hopefully it goes further than this post and raises strong.  I wanna knock down some doors and open some windows so that y'all can see what I think is part of my intention in life. 

I was gifted a sweet note for my birthday that showed me that people around me are listening.  They see the hopes that I am hoping and the prayers that I am praying.  So as I embark on this next trip around the sun.  I, too, am focused on being engaged in my life, praying for life changing, magical moments, and finding thrill and excitement in what lies ahead.  You are all encouraged to jump on this train and ride along.  It will be a trip for the books.  It will be filled with my love for life with my sweet and caring husband by my side, my compassionate family will come along too, and the beautiful friends that stand beside me daily as well.  Together we will find whimsical moments and makes some splashes in the world with our mermaid (and merman) tails and generally choose to be happy joyous humans.  The world is my oyster...

No comments :

Post a Comment